[drbd-mc] Problem with clusters > 4 nodes

Rasto Levrinc rasto.levrinc at linbit.com
Tue Apr 27 20:05:24 CEST 2010

On Tue, April 27, 2010 12:03 pm, martin.braun at icw.de wrote:
> Hi,
>

> I used DRBD MC beta release 0.7.2 with a four node cluster and it worked
> fine, but when adding two more nodes I get an  uncaught exception:

I haven't actually tested it with more that two, three hosts. Before next
release I'll test it with more hosts to see what's going on.

> The graphical display has also issues:
>

> - some nodes and resource groups are hidden by others,

I am thinking about a solution for it, actually even now the resources
should not overlap if not moved by user, but there is some probably small
issue with it.

> - when playing with drbd settings the DRBD MC freezes  (and KDE too!),
> perhaps this is caused by the fact that two of the three drbd-pairs were
> named equally ("r0")?

Could be, I'll try that.

> Perhaps it would help for the display to arrange the nodes and resources
> like  a table columns are the nodes and the corresponding resources are
> located in rows below?

Well, then the information about resource dependencies would get lost or
at least the arrows would get all mixed up as the resources would jump
around as they would switch hosts. At least now a user can position the
resources by hand. Of course I am planing some layout algorithm, when I'll
get to it.

I was thinking about some additional view, where the resources would be
grouped by hosts and a user would be able to toggle between different
views, but I will have to experiment a little bit with this.

Thanks,

Rasto

--
: Dipl-Ing Rastislav Levrinc