[drbd-mc] drbd-mc drbd-gui-helper bug

Rasto Levrinc rasto.levrinc at linbit.com
Sun Apr 25 18:34:39 CEST 2010

On Sun, April 25, 2010 5:42 pm, Jörg Bachmann wrote:
> hi,
>
> i tried drbd-mc and got following bug when executing precompiled jar (end
> of mail). in /usr/local/bin/drbd-gui-helper-0.7.2 there are these three
> lines
>
> #print "gui-info
> ";
> #get_gui_info();

Strange, somehow the "\n" gets converted to the newlines in the script on
your server.

> the second one (which is line 84) is of course false. i can't correct
> that, because this script is writte automatically.

> connecting from localhost (ubuntu 9.10) with precompiled jar through
> ssh-tunnel on remote host (debian sid).

At first I thought that copying through the tunnel mangles the
drbd-gui-helper script, but I've tried that and it worked normally.

Workaround is to copy the drbd-gui-helper-0.7.2 manually to all hosts and
start the DMC with --keep-helper option.

It would be interesting to find out why this happens. You don't use by any
chance the "multiple hops" feature?

Rasto

--
: Dipl-Ing Rastislav Levrinc