[drbd-mc] 7 Issues Identified in drbd-mc-0.4.1

Rasto Levrinc rasto.levrinc at linbit.com
Thu Nov 12 18:13:20 CET 2009

On Wed, November 11, 2009 4:55 pm, Mike Peachey wrote:
> Hi, People.
>

> The "--keep-helper" has been specified after being advised by rasto to
> modify the drbd-gui-helper script with a tweak to prevent it complaining
> about being unable to find /dev/sdb which is a backing resource for drbd
> on each node.

Ok, this already fixed in current git and is not necessary anymore.

> ###########
> # ISSUE 1 #
> ###########
> Immediately after running drbd-mc, before loading the saved cluster
> configuration, there is a tree view on the left hand side of "All Nodes"
> which lists both of my available nodes. If I click on either node, I am
> presented with a NullPointerException:

Fixed in current git.

> ###########
> # ISSUE 2 #
> ###########
> During the load sequence when choosing to load the saved cluster
> configuration, the last message that flashes up is the red text: "Heartbeat
> Status Failed".

Fixed in current git.

> ###########
> # ISSUE 3 #
> ###########
> Immediately upon loading the configuration, and every 20 seconds or so
> there-after throughout the life of the application the console reports
> these errors: APPWARNING: st-node1: could not find hb script
> APPWARNING: st-node2: could not find hb script
>

> st-node1 and st-node2 are stonith resources specified using the
> external:stonith/ipmi resource agent (in each case using lanplus).

Will look at this stonith things sometime next month.

> ###########
> # ISSUE 4 #
> ###########
> In the same way as it was complaining about being unable to select
> /dev/sdb before the modification to drbd-gui-helper on each node, the
> console reports these errors at load time:
>
> APPWARNING: cannot select: /mnt/store/nfs
> APPWARNING: cannot select: /var/lib/nfs
> APPWARNING: cannot select: none
> APPWARNING: cannot select: /mnt/store/files

Should be harmless for now.

> ###########
> # ISSUE 5 #
> ###########
> In "Cluster" -> "Services" -> "Master/Slave Set (ms-store_drbd)",
> drbd-mc believes that my master-slave resource (ms-store_drbd - backed by a
> resource called store_drbd on each node) is not running on either node.
> The resource is in fact perfectly healthy and master on one node,
> while slave on the other.
>
> The grey box for the resource has the word "starting..." in the top left
> hand corner.
>
> In the "Storage (DRBD)" view from the options tree, however, it
> correctly reports that /dev/drbd0 exists on each node, that both are
> Connected and UpToDate, and that each are in either the Primary or
> Secondary state.

This happens only on Pacemaker 1.0.6. Fixed in current git.

> ###########
> # ISSUE 6 #
> ###########
> In the "Storage (DRBD)" view, drbd-mc correctly reports the non-drbd
> partitions of "/boot (/dev/sda1)" and "swap (/dev/sda3)" as mounted, but
> reports "/dev/sda2" as not mounted. "/dev/sda2" is in fact the "/"
> partition for the Operating System.

Can you tell me, if you still have this problem and what 'mount' command
says about /dev/sda2?

> In each case "/dev/sda" is shown in its own box and marked as
> not-mounted. I assume this is expected behaviour.

/dev/sda will be not shown anymore, if it contains some partitions.

> ###########
> # ISSUE 7 #
> ###########
> Related to Issue 6; the node that is the Primary DRBD node has access to
> an active LVM layout on the DRBD block device "/dev/drbd0". The Logical
> Volumes in the Volume Group "vg0" are "/dev/vg0/nfs" and
> "/dev/vg0/files" and both are shown in the "Storage (DRBD)" view under
> the master node, however both are also shown as not mounted.
>
> Each is currently mounted on the relevant "/mnt/store/{files,nfs}"
> mount-point.

NFS handling is disabled for now, because of some other issue, when some
commands would hang, if NFS is not configured properly.

Thanks!

Rasto

--
: Dipl-Ing Rastislav Levrinc