[drbd-mc] heartbeat status failed

Rasto Levrinc rasto.levrinc at linbit.com
Thu Feb 26 13:14:03 CET 2009

Thursday 26 February 2009 12:11:20 pm ralf.prengel at comline.de wrote:
> Hallo,
>
> I m testing the managment console beta 0.1.1 with three virtual systems.
> (Suse 11.1)
>
> system 1
> eth0 192.168.245.110 bridged
> eth1 10.10.10.1 host-only
>
> system 2
> eth0 192.168.245.6 bridged
> eth1 10.10.10.2 host-only
>
> system 3 as admin system with the console eth0 192.168.245.170 bridged
> eth1 10.10.10.3 host-only
>
> connecting to both systems is working fine an building the configuration
> works too.
> The problem is that hbstatus doesn t work after using the
> cluster-assistant. The password is changed and heartbeat was restarted.

Which Heartbeat version do you have? Version =< 2.1.3 is supported at the
moment, 2.1.4 and partly 2.99.3 with pacemaker is supported in the current
git.

Try crm_mon, cibadmin -Q on all server nodes, if it does not work, you would
have to debug that first.

Sometimes there is problem with mgmtd daemon. When you stop the heartbeat
and mgmtd is still running, kill it and then start the heartbeat again.

The gui expects at the moment "hacluster" as password for hacluster user.
You can change the password in the drbd-gui.drbdg xml file (hbpw attribute)
manually to match the password if you use some different password.

Rasto

--
: Dipl-Ing Rasto Levrinc
: Tel: +43-1-8178292-58, Fax: +43-1-8178292-82

DRBD(R) and LINBIT(R) are registered trademarks of LINBIT, Austria.