[Drbd-dev] cluster initialization with drbdmanage

Roland Kammerer roland.kammerer at linbit.com
Wed May 20 15:23:05 CEST 2015

On Wed, May 20, 2015 at 02:54:54PM +0200, Dietmar Maurer wrote:
> > In that case it is exactly as drbdmanage told you:
> >
> > CAUTION! Note that:
> > * Any previous drbdmanage cluster information may be removed
> > * Any remaining resources managed by a previous drbdmanage installation
> > that still exist on this system will no longer be managed by drbdmanage
> >
> > The control volume gets overwritten, the old information is lost.
>
> But what if I want to add additional nodes to a cluster later?

It is fine to add additional nodes later as long as they are really new
and do not contain a control volume or you are willing to overwrite the
existing control volume of that node. The state of your cluster is not
affected by that, only the new node.

I guess, what you mean by "add additional nodes" is merging two
clusters, right? So adding a node node X to cluster A, that was
previously in cluster B and contains resources from the old cluster B.
Right? If it would not have been part of some kind of cluster B, it
would not have a control volume. "add-node" is synonymous for
"new-node". And "new-node" means that this node becomes part of the new
cluster and its old information is not required anymore.

It is the third time I ask you to switch to drbd-user and to not TO/CC
me. Is it really that difficult?

Regards, rck