[Drbd-dev] drbdmanage package name

Roland Kammerer roland.kammerer at linbit.com
Mon May 11 09:49:00 CEST 2015

On Mon, May 11, 2015 at 08:44:20AM +0200, Dietmar Maurer wrote:
> I just saw that you name the package 'python-drbdmanage'.
>
> > Package: python-drbdmanage
>
> Why don't you simply call it 'drbdmanage'?
>
> IMHO, adding 'python' would be OK for a python library, but not
> for a binary package?

AFAIK the initial Debian packaging came from a Debian upstream guy and I
adopted his initial naming convention.

The Debian python packaging guide states:
"Binary packages with public modules should follow python-modulename
naming schema[...].[1]

Currently, it is a "frankenstein-package" anyways, because it contains
the server, the modules which could be used for example to write your
own client, and the client itself...

I will keep it in mind and think about renaming/splitting.

Regards, rck

[1] https://wiki.debian.org/Python/Packaging