[Drbd-dev] drbd 8.4.3: refcounter overflow on re-sync

Lars Ellenberg lars.ellenberg at linbit.com
Wed Sep 24 12:14:51 CEST 2014

On Tue, Sep 23, 2014 at 08:14:21PM +0200, Marc Schiffbauer wrote:
> * Lars Ellenberg schrieb am 23.09.14 um 13:03 Uhr:

> Another question PaX-Team is asking:
>
> what about rs_sect_in?

That usually should not overflow, as it is typically regularly (several
times per second) reset to zero (and for other reasons).

If you manage to transfer more 2 TiByte in subseconds via a single TCP
connection, more power to you.

Still, if it should overflow (for whatever reason), no real harm done.
Arbitrarily sending a signal or terminating processes in that case would
be the only actually disturbing thing.

--
: Lars Ellenberg