[Drbd-dev] [GIT PULL] 4 fixes for drbd

Philipp Reisner philipp.reisner at linbit.com
Mon Nov 5 16:28:11 CET 2012

Am Montag, 5. November 2012, 15:43:28 schrieb Jens Axboe:
> On 2012-11-05 15:35, Philipp Reisner wrote:
> >> Can you rebase this against for-3.8/drivers? Thanks.
> >
> > Hi Jens,
> >
> > One of these changes fixes a regression that was introduced in the last
> > merge window. Please consider to pull this single commit.
> > (I will rebase the other 3 commit on for-3.8/drivers)
> >
> > The following changes since commit a13c29ddf73d3be4fbb2b1bbced64014986cd87a:
> >   Jens Axboe (1):
> >         Merge branch 'for-jens' of
> >         git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/jikos/linux-block
> >         into for-3.7/drivers>
> > are available in the git repository at:
> >   git://git.drbd.org/linux-drbd.git for-jens
> >
> > Lars Ellenberg (1):
> >       drbd: fix regression: potential NULL pointer dereference
> >
> >  drivers/block/drbd/drbd_int.h  |    5 +++++
> >  drivers/block/drbd/drbd_main.c |    8 ++++++--
>
> Sure, of course I'll take a regression fix. But the fix does not apply
> to current tree:
>
> axboe at nelson:/src/linux-block $ patch -p1 --dry-run < ~/1.txt
> patching file drivers/block/drbd/drbd_int.h
> Hunk #1 FAILED at 2545.
> 1 out of 1 hunk FAILED -- saving rejects to file
> drivers/block/drbd/drbd_int.h.rej patching file
> drivers/block/drbd/drbd_main.c
> Hunk #1 FAILED at 4232.
> 1 out of 1 hunk FAILED -- saving rejects to file
> drivers/block/drbd/drbd_main
>
> Regression fixes for the current tree should be based on the current
> tree, looks like you used an outdated for-3.7/drivers branch and this
> fix depends on other fixes.

Hmm, apparently the changes I submitted to you on October 2 and 3
(which where pulled by you into the for-3.7/drivers tree) never found
their way into Linus' tree. (I was not aware of that)

The mentioned patch fixes a regression there.

Ok, then please ignore this pull request. I will send a new one for
for-3.8/drivers in a few days.

Best,
 Phil