[Drbd-dev] [GIT PULL] drbd-8.4 for mainline

Lutz Vieweg lvml at 5t9.de
Fri Sep 23 11:48:17 CEST 2011

On 08/24/2011 04:41 PM, Philipp Reisner wrote:
>    This release brings a new meta-data format. Forward (8.3 ->  8.4)
>    conversion happens complete seamless.

Well, it may happen seamless unless you reboot the machine before
it has completed the resyncing with the other (still 8.3 running)
machine.

I happened to require yet some other kernel setting (unrelated to DRBD),
installed the changed kernel, while one DRBD resource was still syncing
(for the first time after upgrading to 8.4), and rebooted (clean shutdown/restart).

After the reboot, DRBD complained about not finding valid meta data
on the device, and I had to write new metadata and perform a full sync
to rectify the situation.

(Luckily, since the other machine was still running, so no data was lost
in the process.)

Regards,

Lutz Vieweg