[Drbd-dev] fix missing directory creation in "make install"

Lars Ellenberg lars.ellenberg at linbit.com
Mon Nov 7 10:32:40 CET 2011

On Sun, Nov 06, 2011 at 05:09:55PM +0100, Florian Haas wrote:
> Lars/Phil,
>
> please consider the following patch, which ensures that "make install"
> creates DRBD_RUN_DIR. Issue highlighted by Eric Robinson, see:
>
> http://lists.linux-ha.org/pipermail/linux-ha/2011-November/044198.html

Can we just drop the configure nonsense again instead?

As /var/run/ is a tmpfs on many distros now, subdirs and other things in
it need to be recreated anyways as needed, which drbdsetup is actually
supposed to be doing.

And "someone" (the OS) is supposed to cleanup those dirs on reboot,
which won't happen with the braindead configure autofoo defautls,
which again may (or may not) confuse some things.

Ah, well, thanks for the patch, anyways ;)

--
: Lars Ellenberg