[Drbd-dev] DRBD Resource Agent flaw when stopping

Uwe Grawert grawert at b1-systems.de
Wed Nov 3 08:55:15 CET 2010

Hello,

in the OCF Resource Agent (ocf:linbit:drbd) is a flaw, when cleaning
up a resource and stopping the resource afterwards. The resource agent
returns a OCF_ERR_CONFIGURED which happens because of the following
lines:

if [[ ${OCF_RESKEY_CRM_meta_notify_start_uname- NOT SET } = " NOT SET
" ]]; then
	ocf_log err "you really should enable notify when using this RA"
	return $OCF_ERR_CONFIGURED
fi

After a cleanup of a started resource the variable
OCF_RESKEY_CRM_meta_notify_start_uname is empty. A simple and quick
solution would be to add "stop" to the following block in a case switch:

case $__OCF_ACTION in
monitor|validate-all)
:;;

This is line 778 in the Resource Agent. In my opinion it does not make
much sense to make the "is notify enabled" check when stopping a
resource. Hence it seems reasonable to exclude a stop action from this
check.

Is there something that speaks against it? If not, I will send a patch
to this list.

--
Uwe Grawert
Linux / Unix Consultant & Trainer