[Drbd-dev] linux-next: block/drbd tree build failure

Jens Axboe jens.axboe at oracle.com
Mon Oct 5 10:49:50 CEST 2009

On Mon, Oct 05 2009, david at lang.hm wrote:
> On Mon, 5 Oct 2009, Jens Axboe wrote:
>
>> On Mon, Oct 05 2009, Stephen Rothwell wrote:
>>> Hi Jens,
>>>
>>> Today's linux-next build (x86_64 allmodconfig) failed like this:
>>>
>>> drivers/block/drbd/drbd_req.c: In function '_drbd_start_io_acct':
>>> drivers/block/drbd/drbd_req.c:43: error: subscripted value is neither array nor pointer
>>> drivers/block/drbd/drbd_req.c: In function '_drbd_end_io_acct':
>>> drivers/block/drbd/drbd_req.c:56: error: subscripted value is neither array nor pointer
>>>
>>> I reported a similar error against the dbd tree, which was fixed, but now
>>> the commit that caused that error has been reverted and thus we get
>>> this :-(
>>>
>>> I have reverted the drbd commits from the block tree for today.
>>
>> That's probably my fault, not drbd. I moved it to a new branch since it
>> isn't going into 2.6.32, and perhaps dropped that fix along the way.
>> I'll look into it.
>

> what needs to happen to get drbd accepted at this point? It sounded like
> they had the tree in good shape to be merged, except for the desire that
> was expressed to have them re-work all existing raid implementations
> before adding their code (and it sounded like that was not going to be
> allowed to hold it up)

Linus said he was happy to merge it, but that .32 had slipped now
unfortunately. Usually it's not a problem to merge drivers later than
-rc1, but the discussion surrounding drdb makes it less of a no brainer.

So I expect to merge drbd for .33.

--
Jens Axboe