[Drbd-dev] Drbd handler interfering with drbd-setup only cmd

Sébastien Wacquiez sw at enix.org
Fri Jul 10 16:57:36 CEST 2009

Hi,

I just upgraded my setup to drbd 8.3 (from 8.0.14) and what I used to do
with drbdsetup don't work anymore.

I'm currently using drbd to do some kind of "hot replication" on the fly
; I wrote a bunch of script  (around dmsetup) that spawn some drbdsetup
and drbdmeta, let the data sync, and spawn some other to destroy the setup.

My problem is that as I don't use any config file, so when the drbd
driver try to call "drbdadm before-resync-target", it fail.

I think it's a regression ; as it's an unusual setup, it should be ok to
have a config option that desactivate this behavior. What do you think
about it ?

Wacquiez Sébastien

PS : please cc me on reply as I'm not subscribed to this mailing list