[Drbd-dev] Stuck in WFBitMapS again

Philipp Reisner philipp.reisner at linbit.com
Mon Mar 31 16:43:51 CEST 2008

Am Mittwoch, 13. Februar 2008 00:55:51 schrieb Montrose, Ernest:
> It looks like we still have a race condition while finishing syncing and
> pausing/resuming syncing at the same time.
>
> What's happening is that we finish syncing.
> The secondary side goes to Connected at the end of
> drbd_resync_finished()
>
> The Primary side is still in drbd_resync_finished().  While still there,
>
> the syncer isp flag gets set and unset due to a higher priority device
> syncer getting paused/resumed.
>
> Now the Primary side sends "Inconsistent" state to the Secondary since
> we are still in drbd_resync_finished()
> and have not gone Connected and UptoDate yet. But the other side is
> connected and UpToDate though.
>
> The secondary goes WFBitMapS via drbd_sync_handshake()
>
> In the mean time the Primary finally goes Connected and UptoDate.
>
> The Secondary is stuck in WFBitMapS.
>
> I include a patch that may be the fix for this.  Any other ideas?
>
> Thanks.
> EM--

Hi Ernest,

I know it is quite some time now, but I had to remove this patch.
It breaks manual split brain resolution.
Commit ab7facf4e17d98558d2569ccf954f2c64eb7b650

That was the wrong way of fixing this.

Do you have something with logfiles of that event

-Phil
: Vivenotgasse 48, 1120 Vienna, Austria        http://www.linbit.com :