[Drbd-dev] Stuck in WFBitMapS again

Montrose, Ernest Ernest.Montrose at stratus.com
Wed Feb 13 00:55:51 CET 2008

It looks like we still have a race condition while finishing syncing and
pausing/resuming syncing at the same time.

What's happening is that we finish syncing.
The secondary side goes to Connected at the end of
drbd_resync_finished()

The Primary side is still in drbd_resync_finished().  While still there,

the syncer isp flag gets set and unset due to a higher priority device
syncer getting paused/resumed.

Now the Primary side sends "Inconsistent" state to the Secondary since
we are still in drbd_resync_finished()
and have not gone Connected and UptoDate yet. But the other side is
connected and UpToDate though.

The secondary goes WFBitMapS via drbd_sync_handshake()

In the mean time the Primary finally goes Connected and UptoDate.

The Secondary is stuck in WFBitMapS.

I include a patch that may be the fix for this.  Any other ideas?

Thanks.
EM--