[Drbd-dev] Huge latency issue with 8.2.6

Graham, Simon Simon.Graham at stratus.com
Sat Aug 16 21:35:30 CEST 2008

> I had the impression that the NODELAY would imply QUICKACK behaviour,
> and together witht the CORK and UNCORK should do the trick.
> but I'm happy to be enlightened.

I had the same thought but I'm reasonably sure NODELAY only affects
sending data. I think the underlying cause of this is that the data
connection is basically unidirectional -- all replies to data received
go on the meta data connection. If, for example, the data-ack were sent
on the data connection, then the TCP ACK would be piggybacked and
NODELAY would do everything you need...

> will commit a slightly modified verion of your quickack soonish.

Thanks
Simon