[Drbd-dev] The drbd resync process

Lars Ellenberg lars.ellenberg at linbit.com
Fri Aug 8 11:15:53 CEST 2008

On Fri, Aug 08, 2008 at 04:16:43PM +0800, niko wrote:
> Consider node A crashed as primary and rejoining the cluster,B as the
> surviving node.
> What's the resync process ?
>
> I can't find how the drbd_start_resync () function call the
> w_make_resync_request() to send RSDataRequest message to the SyncSource

it is "queued for the worker",
and requeued via a timer.

> When the peer node recovers or the connection is re-established, DRBD
> combines the bitmap information from both nodes to determine the total
> data set that it must re-synchronize.
>
> Why DRBD needs to combines the bitmap information from both nodes since
> one is Primary,the other is Secondary?

both nodes may have changed the data independently.

> Thanks ,I'm just a learner.

now, I'd like to learn a bit more about you, still. so let me repeat my
question,

What is your motivation for this?
How can you help us?
How can you help us help you?

--
: Lars Ellenberg                            Tel +43-1-8178292-55 :