[Drbd-dev] DRBD-8: No-panic patch part I-c
Simon.Graham at stratus.com
Mon Sep 18 17:13:34 CEST 2006
Final few changes for the 1st phase of panic removal, including:
1. Updated tests - I implemented a new set of fault insertion tests in
NOTE: DRBD does NOT pass these tests yet - however, one of the main
problems I am
having is with the test tool itself - it keeps on timing out
communicating with the
agent script for no apparent reason. These tests are worth running
though - they
seem to stress the failure handling quite nicely!
2. Need to unlock the bitmap if a failure occurs in drbd_nl_disk_conf
after the point where
the lock is established.
3. There are some cases where drbd_bm_read can be called with a
zero-size bitmap which
leads to a crash -- test for a NULL b->bm.
4. drbd_io_error() needs to call drbd_md_sync - I had removed this but
there are a couple
of issues - first of all, the error being reported might not stop the
being written and secondly drbd_md_sync has the side effect of
canceling the md-sync
timer which we want in this case.
5. Minor changes in trace code
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 14612 bytes
Url : http://lists.linbit.com/pipermail/drbd-dev/attachments/20060918/a2c4236a/drbd-panic-phase1c-0001.obj
More information about the drbd-dev