[Drbd-dev] DRBD-8: attach seems to be broken

Graham, Simon Simon.Graham at stratus.com
Thu Sep 14 17:24:36 CEST 2006

I'm not running the absolute latest but some change in the past day
seems to have broken attach after detach - the state goes to Attaching
and never transitions to UpToDate. I haven't been able to figure out how
the side doing the attach is actually supposed to transition - it's
somewhere in receive_state() I think but it eludes me for the moment. I
can see that on the other side, receipt of ReportState when the peer
says it's disk state is Attaching causes it to send ReportState in reply
which the comments says causes the peer to promote from
Attaching->UpToDate but I cant see how that actually happens...

At the moment, I'm using revision 2423 which is just one back from the
tip and looking at the diffs for that, I don't see anything that would
fix this issue.

Any suggestions?
/simgr