[Drbd-dev] DRBD-8 - system hangs when NegDReply received

Graham, Simon Simon.Graham at stratus.com
Thu Sep 7 16:21:22 CEST 2006

> I am still working on a monster patch to consolidate all the
> request functionality in one place, so it is more obvious what should
> and should not happen.
> I may be wrong here, but you cannot simply end the master request and
> free the req because you get a NegDReply. the local part (submit_bio)
> may still be on the fly.
> you have to use drbd_end_req with appropriate flags...

I had the same thought when I started looking at this - however,
currently reads do NOT use this approach since a read is only issued on
one side - receive_DataReply does just complete the master bio for
example; in fact, I mostly copied the code from this routine.

Do you have any idea when your monster patch will be ready?
Simon