[Drbd-dev] DRBD-8 - system hangs when NegDReply received

Graham, Simon Simon.Graham at stratus.com
Tue Sep 5 22:04:30 CEST 2006

If the local (primary) is diskless and the remote system rejects a read
request with a NegDReply, it seems that the system hangs; inspecting the
code, I see that it does appear to complete the original request with a
failure BUT there are a couple of other calls made in the normal case
that are not being done in the case of a NegDReply; dec_ap_bio(mdev) and
dec_ap_pending(mdev) - I note that both of these can signal events so
perhaps the problem here is that other threads are blocked waiting for
this event which never gets signaled???

If this is the problem then the fix is trivial - add the two missing
lines following the drbd_end_bio() call in got_NegDReply().
Simon