[Drbd-dev] DRBD8: Fencing and outdate-peer handler getting called multiple times

Montrose, Ernest Ernest.Montrose at stratus.com
Tue Nov 7 00:16:51 CET 2006

Hi all,
I have submitted this issue before, sorry for resubmit.  Essentially, on
the primary node if I do an ifdown on the heartbeat interface and I have
fencing enable to say "resource-only" then on the primary node the
outdate-peer script gets called twice.  Once for state Disconnecting,
and the other for state Networkfailure.

I also notice that if on a node that is primary, I issue a "drbdadm
secondary r0" the outdate-peer script gets called again from
drbd_set_role() this time.

What is the exact policy for the outdate-peer script?

Thanks,
EM--