[Drbd-dev] freeze under postmark io bench

Lars Ellenberg Lars.Ellenberg at linbit.com
Sat Mar 11 17:35:05 CET 2006

/ 2006-02-10 19:17:17 +0100
\ Laurent Denel:

Sorry for answering so late, and for letting this post lingering on hold
for over a month now. Seemingly 'someone' [guess who that might have
been *gee*] did not take his duty being moderator for drbd-dev too
seriously...

> I'm currently experiencing freezes with drbd each time I run PostMark,
> an io benchmark from NetApp. It was working all right on a 2.6.12
> kernel and version 0.7.11 but I'm currently switching to 2.6.15 with
> version 0.7.15.
>
> Freezes occur on the primary node while creating thousands of files.
> Secondary node is not impacted.
>
> I've tried latest svn commit (2064) and kernel 2.6.15.4. Same problem.
> My kernel is configured with high memory support (64GB), PREEMPT, ...
> The filesystem drbd is on is xfs. Hardware is a pair of DL380 from HP.
> Network for drbd is a private Gb link on bcm5700 interfaces.
>
> You can find the postmark benchmark here :
> http://www.eecs.harvard.edu/~syrah/filesystems/code/postmark-1_13.c
> (The one we really use is 1_5 but I cannot find it anymore on the
> Netapp website, I can post it if needed)

please try with latest svn
 svn co http://svn.drbd.org/drbd/branches/drbd-0.7

I just checked in a one line change where we used GFP_KERNEL where we
should have used GFP_NOIO...

cheers,

--
: Lars Ellenberg                                  Tel +43-1-8178292-55 :