[Drbd-dev] inclusion of DRBD ro mainline kernel?

Lars Ellenberg Lars.Ellenberg at linbit.com
Thu Jun 22 14:35:40 CEST 2006

/ 2006-06-22 14:52:27 +0300
\ Nikola Ciprich:
> Hello,
> I'd like to ask, whether any efforts have been made to have drbd
> included in mainline kernel? Or -mm at beginning?
yes, if you call "is on our todo list" effort :)

> Or is something needed to be done before that?

we won't attempt this for 0.7 for various reasons,
so we'll wait until drbd8 has stabilized.

> So is there some time estimate?
time estimate for drbd8?
wellll.  should be release canditate by september,
released by october. maybe sooner, maybe later.

time estimate for mainline inclusion?
no.

> I'd like to help, if there is something I could do...

we might come back to you,
thanks.

--
: Lars Ellenberg                                  Tel +43-1-8178292-55 :