[Drbd-dev] Bug?

Lars Ellenberg Lars.Ellenberg at linbit.com
Tue Jul 25 03:57:03 CEST 2006

/ 2006-07-24 20:38:33 +0530
\ Milind Dumbare:
> Hi,
> First of all to tell I am working on x86_64 machine.
>
> The structure ioctl_get_config has size 576(bytes) and its padded with
> int (4byte) so it makes 580 (bytes). And compiler will align it to 584
> (bytes), as 580 is not completely divisible by 8 while 584 is.
>
> So don't you think drbd_sizeof_sanity_check.c:21 should be
>
>        SZO(struct ioctl_get_config,    576)
> rather than
>        SZO(struct ioctl_get_config,    580)

when filing bugs, please state against which version you complain.
(in this case, I guess 8-pre something tarball).
when it is not the latest version, check whether it has already been
fixed, as I think for this issue recent versions (svn) are fixed, and
we now have compile time asserts instead of runtime asserts in place.

yes, we probably should upload some new 8pre-something tarballs.

thanks,

--
: Lars Ellenberg                                  Tel +43-1-8178292-55 :