[Drbd-dev] Debian and DRBD cooperation

Cyril Bouthors cyb at debian.org
Mon Aug 21 12:51:41 CEST 2006

On 21 Aug 2006, Lars Ellenberg wrote:

> but if I go to bugs.debian.org, and search by package for drbd0.7, I
> find exactly three bugs all of them classified as wishlist, two of
> them regarding how to package it (which is a debian internal thing),
> and one of them (the only "forwarded" one) about how to adjust the
> debian/rules file, which is also debian internal.

I've forwarded 4 bugs to DRBD that are still in need of feedback from
you:

Forwarded bugs -- Normal bugs (3 bugs)

  • #308640: /sbin/drbdsetup: doesn't work with x86_64 kernel
    Package: drbd0.7-utils (0.7.10-3); Reported by: Patrice Fournier
    <pfournier at loups.net>; Forwarded to drbd-user at lists.linbit.com; 1 year and
    101 days old.
  • #337210: drbd0.7-utils: man page of drbdsetup is wrong
    Package: drbd0.7-utils (drbd0.7-utils 0.7.11-1); Reported by: Yann Forget
    <yann.forget at goelaan.ch>; Forwarded to drbd-user at linbit.com; 291 days old.
  • #337242: drbd0.7-utils: Wrong argument supplied to drbdsetup
    Package: drbd0.7-utils (drbd0.7-utils 0.7.11-1); Reported by: Yann Forget
    <yann.forget at goelaan.ch>; Forwarded to drbd-user at linbit.com; 290 days old.

Forwarded bugs -- Wishlist items (1 bug)

  • #357298: drbd: fix building for x86_64 on i386
    Package: drbd0.7; Severity: wishlist; Reported by: Guido Guenther
    <agx at sigxcpu.org>; Tags: patch; Forwarded to drbd-user at lists.linbit.com;
    157 days old.

None of them are about `debian/rules'.

All of them have been sent several months ago and I'm still waiting to
receive feedback from you.

> there are even people at debian who have full access to the debian/

This debian/ directory is not part of Debian, this is not official and
not even included in the DRBD tarballs.

We are not using it in the official distribution as I've said many
many times on the mailing list. I've adviced you to remove it from
svn, it thought it was already removed a long time ago.

This is the normal way to make Debian packages, we take upstream
tarballs and we patch them to add our debian/ subdir. If we have to
patch something outside debian/, we contribute our patches to
upstream. If something outside debian/ is buggy, we forward our bugs
to upstream.

Anyone can contribute to the official Detail packages, please follow
the instructions at http://bugs.debian.org/

I'll be glad to receive feedback from anyone about our (my?) Debian
packages.

> so, how can I further help you with this?

Read the bugs I've forwarded to you:

http://bugs.debian.org/308640
http://bugs.debian.org/337210
http://bugs.debian.org/337242