[Drbd-dev] Re: DRBD IOCTLs nicht 64bit clean...

Lars Ellenberg Lars.Ellenberg at linbit.com
Wed Oct 20 16:22:18 CEST 2004

/ 2004-10-20 12:39:55 +0200
\ Philipp Reisner:

> I have not yet decided if I will do the reordering of the
> members as well and increase the API version,
>
> OR,
>
> leave the members in this order and no change to the API
> version number .... This would be more conventient for our
> i386 users, but plain frong for the users of 64bit archs...

please rather do it right, than have __u64 odd-aligned.

an while we are at it, use a unified prefix ioctl struct,
which includes the api version, device id and result fields,
and only then the specific data.  halfes our ioctls, since the api
version now can be verified with each ioctl, and has other advantages
as well...

	lge