[DRBD-announce] [DRBD-user] drbd-9.0.19-0rc1

Lars Ellenberg lars.ellenberg at linbit.com
Fri Jun 14 15:54:52 CEST 2019

Hi,

already let out the RC a couple days ago,
but forgot to send the announcement.

A few fixes since 9.0.18, revolving around corner cases
during re-integration of a node that was isolated,
into an active three (or more) node setup.

If you have any test setups you can use to stress test this RC,
for any regressions, and for quirks in the above mentioned scenario,
please do so and let us know, so we may address any such issues before
the final DRBD 9.0.19.

Also one new feature: allow-remote-read.
You need utils 9.10.0 to be able to configure it.

In certain setups you rather want to fail locally
instead of trying to mask local IO failures
by reading via a WAN DR replication link.
So we now allow to disable remote reads, per connection.

9.0.19-0rc1 (api:genl2/proto:86-115/transport:14)
--------
 * Fix resync stuck at near completion
 * Fix NULL dereference with disk-timeout enabled
 * Fix wrong state change when current UUID changes during UUID exchange
 * Fix check on CAP_SYS_ADMIN
 * Fix quorum tie-breaker diskless majority calculation
 * Fix dax_direct_access() error return check
 * unblock IO when on-quorum-lost policy is changed (suspend -> io-error)
 * introduce allow-remote-read (disallow read from DR connections)
 * some build changes

http://www.linbit.com/downloads/drbd/9.0/drbd-9.0.19-0rc1.tar.gz
https://github.com/LINBIT/drbd-9.0/tree/d1e16bdf2b71

--
: Lars Ellenberg
: LINBIT | Keeping the Digital World Running

DRBD® and LINBIT® are registered trademarks of LINBIT
__
please don't Cc me, but send to list -- I'm subscribed