roland.kammerer at linbit.com
Tue Dec 4 17:28:32 CET 2018
Hi DRBD users,
This release contains several bug fixes and some new features. If you
don't use these features, there is no urgent need to upgrade now.
- drbd-utils now handle "resync-after" properly. This needed fixing in
the 8.4 part and the 9 part of drbd-utils.
- drbd.ocf now has a new parameter named "connect_only_after_promote"
which might be helpful in stacked setups. drbd.ocf also learned to to
specify a required kernel version. If you are interested, please read
the according changes in the git log for more details.
- drbdmon now displays rsync progress (assuming a new enough DRBD9
- Utils learned to specify a required kernel module version in the res
files. This is a DRBD9 only feature. This helps with error messages
people get when they wrongfully load a DRBD8.4 module and use LINSTOR.
It might also be handy in other situations when one wants to make
absolutely sure that a specific/specific range of the kernel module is
- Last but not least, the bits for WinDRBD (not to be confused with
wdrbd) got merged. This allows building drbd-utils on Windows, if you
use the Windows version of DRBD, which is based on the DRBD9 code used
in Linux. No, it is not 1. of April :-).
As usual, I hope this release does not destroy your kitten factory.
* drbdadm,v9,v84: fix resync-after
* drbd.ocf: connect_only_after_promote, require kernel version
* drbdmon: display resync progress
* parser,v9: require-drbd-module-version
* windrbd: add WinDRBD support
More information about the drbd-announce