[DRBD-announce] drbd-9.0.0pre10.tar.gz & drbd-utils-8.9.2rc1.tar.gz
philipp.reisner at linbit.com
Fri Sep 19 22:04:22 CEST 2014
in drbd-utils a number of fixes got queued up, so it is time
to start a new release cycle of it.
Last not least is has a number of important fixes in the
drbd-9 user-space parts.
On the kernel driver side, it is more than 6 month ago, since
the last pre release. A lot was done in the meantime. The most
time consuming part was probably the complete merge of the
drbd-8.4 branch into the drbd-9 branch.
A lot of progress was made on the stability of the driver.
Kernel crashes are no longer an issue we are confronted in
out day to day work on the code. As long as you do not dig
into our test suite drbd-9 behaves mostly reasonable these
Please let us know if you find issues.
This are a release candidates. Do not use in production.
* udev rules (symlinks in /dev/by-res and by-disk) got fixed
* Fixed upper limit for drbd-8.4 activity log entries
* many fixes to drbdadm adjust and proxy commands for drbd-9
* rhcs_fence: Do not invoke fence agents in parallel, rewrite in bash
* drbdsetup events2 is now also available in drbd-8.4 (backported from
* reorganized the repository have common code for drbd-9, drbd-8.4
and drbd-8.3 only once
* Fix drbd.ocf for resources without volume 0
drbd 9.0.0pre10 (api:genl1/proto:86-110)
* completed the merge from the 8.4 branch (including debugfs)
* final fixes on the reference counts
* many fixes to the state engine to express the drbd9 semantics
* nodes not directly connected to a newly promoted primary
now outdate themselves in the two-phase commit operation
* fix disallowing of detach in case the device is opened
* fixed resync: When a node is SyncSource to multiple targets
make sure that all targets get informed about blocks set
in sync on the other nodes (Last of those packets was
not sent previously)
* fixed resync: Sometimes froze due to a forgotten act
log entry on secondary nodes
* fixes and improvements to the UUID modifications for resync
* fixed resync: No longer wake more than one paused resync
* fixed role changes on resources without volumes
More information about the drbd-announce