philipp.reisner at linbit.com
Mon Aug 6 19:45:41 CEST 2012
A release in the 8.4 branch is really overdue. Please try it out, and
verify that you preferred 8.4 bug has been fixed in the meantime.
Please note: This is a release candidate, not intended for production.
Please help with testing!
* Fixed a write ordering problem on SyncTarget nodes for a write to a block
that gets resynced at the same time. The bug can only be triggered with a
device that has a firmware that actually reorders writes to the same
block (merged from 8.3.13)
* Fixed a potential deadlock during restart of conflicting writes
* All fixes that went into 8.3.13
* Removed a null pointer access when using on-congestion policy on a
* In case of a graceful detach under IO load, wait for the outstanding
IO. (As opposed to aborting IOs as a forcefully detach does)
* Reinstate disabling AL updates with invalidate-remote (8.4.0 regression)
* Reinstate the 'disk-barrier no', 'disk-flushes no', and 'disk-drain no'
switches (8.4.0 regression)
* Backported the request code from DRBD-9. Improves handling of many corner
* Support FLUSH/FUA bio flags
* Made the establishing of connections faster
* New option 'al-updates no' to disable writing transactions into the
activity log. It is use full if you prefer a full sync after a primary
crash, for improved performance of a spread out random write work load
* Expose the data generation identifies via sysfs
* "--stop" option for online verify to specify a stop sector
More information about the drbd-announce