philipp.reisner at linbit.com
Wed Dec 23 20:38:30 CET 2009
It is time to have a release out that actually compiles on Linux-2.6.32,
and that is actually complete. This feature has neither important bug
fixes nor impressive new features. It is more a maintenance thing.
Since getting the RPM packaging right is a challenging task, here is
a release candidate of 8.3.7.
Oh, there is one thing to notice: This is the first release that suggests
to use config-snipplets in /etc/drbd.d/.
Thanks for testing RPM-building and testing the update procedure!
* Lots of fixes to the new RPM packaging
* Lots of fixes to the autoconfig stuff
* Fixed a regression in the resynch handshake code introduced before 8.3.3.
That bug causes DRBD to block during the initial handshake when a partial
resync is not possible but a full resync is necessary. Happens very rarely.
* crm-fence-peer.sh is now also usable if DRBD is managed from the xen block
* Fixes to the init script's dependencies
* Backported cleanups that where contributed to the in kernel DRBD
* Allow online resizing of disconnected devices, new option to drbdsetup
drbdsetup /dev/drbdX resize --assume-peer-has-space
* Following Linux upstream changes 2.6.32 (SHASH and in_flight issues)
* New /etc/drbd.conf example that suggests the use of /etc/drbd.d/xxx.res
More information about the drbd-announce