philipp.reisner at linbit.com
Thu Dec 18 19:46:56 CET 2008
This is the release containing all the features that formed DRBD+ before:
* bit map in unmaped pages -> device sizes > 4TB (up to 16TB currently)
* DRBD stacking -> replication to a 3rd node (even 4 are supported)
* checksum based resync -> Speeds up resync processes over slow networks.
Besides these highlight, again a number of bugs was fixed, see the first five
items on the change log. Users of drbd-8.2.7 should upgrade to 8.3.0 .
BTW, this is the successor of drbd-8.2.7 and the drbd-8.2.x branch.
* Fixed 'sleep with spinlock held' in case online verify found a difference
* Fixed error code pathes in request processing.
* Fix for stack smashing in drbdmeta
* Fixed a bug that could lead to a crash when detaching/attaching
on the primary under heavy IO (Bugz 171)
* Fixed a bug in the new epoch code (introduced with 8.2.7).
Might cause crash at reconnect after connection loss during heavy IO
* Fixed a bug in drbdsetup that could cause drbdsetup wait-connect to
miss the connection event.
* Fixed a race condition in the new barrier code. (Reordered barrier ACKs)
* Do not rely on blkdev_issue_flush() returning ENOTSUPP
* bitmap in unmapped pages = support for devices > 4TByte (was DRBD+)
* checksum based resync (was DRBD+)
* support for stacked resource (was DRBD+)
* Added support for stacked resources to the bash completion stuff
* Added missing documentation (manpages)
* Fixed drbdadm handlers for stacked resources
* Support of drbd-proxy in stacked setups
* RedHat cluster suite (rgmanager) integration scripts
* Renamed 'state' to 'role'
* More build compatibility with older vendor kernels
* Added drbd-overview.pl to the packages
: Dipl-Ing Philipp Reisner
: LINBIT | Your Way to High Availability
: Tel: +43-1-8178292-50, Fax: +43-1-8178292-82
DRBD(R) and LINBIT(R) are registered trademarks of LINBIT, Austria.
More information about the drbd-announce