philipp.reisner at linbit.com
Mon Jul 31 16:41:04 CEST 2006
The DRBD-8.0 code was under massive change again. Since bug-reports for
pre3 are completely useless by now, it is time for a new pre release.
* Added the "drbd-peer-outdater" heartbeat plugin.
* New ("cluster wide") state changes. (Cluster wide serialisation of
major state changes, like becoming primary, invalidating a disk etc...)
* Write requests are now sent by the worker instead out of the process's
context that calls make_request().
* The worker thread no longer gets restarted upon loss of connection.
* A testsuite developed by students of 'FH Hagenberg' was added.
Hopefully we really get into freezing the code base, and preparing a
stable release of drbd 8.0
* stress tests
IO pressure, memory pressure etc...
* coverage tests
Try to test all possible failure and recovery scenarios.
* Performance comparison tests between drbd-0.7.x and drbd-8.0.x
* Put OCFS2 / GFS on top of it (still untested from my side)
Please send _usefull_ reports to drbd-dev at lists.linbit.com . Please note
that that list is moderated, and we try to keep the traffic there
Send random observations regarding DRBD-8 to drbd-user at lists.linbit.com
: Dipl-Ing Philipp Reisner Tel +43-1-8178292-50 :
: LINBIT Information Technologies GmbH Fax +43-1-8178292-82 :
: Schönbrunnerstr 244, 1120 Vienna, Austria http://www.linbit.com :
More information about the drbd-announce