[DRBD-announce] drbd-0.7_pre4.tar.gz

Philipp Reisner philipp.reisner at linbit.com
Sun Feb 1 21:57:41 CET 2004

Hi,

It is nearly two month that I release the last prerelease of
DRBD-0.7, and therefore a lot has happened in the mean time.

 * -pre4, builds, loads, and even survives the some basic
   tests on _LINUX-2.6.1_ !
 * It looks already quite good on Linux-2.4.x

The things that are missing/broken (I remember now)

 * Online resizing will fail with internal metadata
 * The alternative to "do_panic" is still not yet implemented

What you should check out:

 * All the activity-log and persistant bitmap work is finished
   and in very good shape. You well never again have to wait
   until a FullSync is done.
 * The drbdadm tool

Unfortunately the only available documentation are the comments
in the samle configuration file.

BTW, drbdadm will look first for /etc/drbd-07.conf and then for
     /etc/drbd.conf, while drbd-0.6 only looks for /etc/drbd.conf

!!! BIG WARNING !!!
  Although it might work quite well in some tests, this is
  development code. Do not think about replacing drbd-0.6.10
  on your production system with this.
!!!

-Philipp