[Csync2] Issues with synced git clones

Dominik George nik at naturalnet.de
Thu Dec 21 15:58:12 CET 2017

Hi,

[ It would be great if you could quote correctly instead of top-posting ☺. ]

On Thu, Dec 21, 2017 at 01:01:09PM +0200, Rabin Yasharzadehe wrote:
> I never had the time dig down into it,
> but you're welcome to try and figure it out :)
>
> https://stackoverflow.com/questions/4084921/what-does-the-git-index-contain-exactly

There are quite a few other hints:

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/12126247/why-does-git-index-change-when-i-havent-done-anything-to-my-repository

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/31628930/sync-directories-containing-git-repository-with-unison

Both are related to Unison. That csync shows the same behaviour makes me
wonder whether it breaks other things as well.

If the issue has anything to do with detecting changes to the git index
in general, what happens to incremental backup software and the like?

Thus, I think the issue might actually be important, and I'd be very
happy if someone with a good understanding of how csync and related
programs work could have a look at it, as I clearly lack the knowledge
☹.

Cheers,
Nik