[Csync2] Issues with synced git clones

Dominik George nik at naturalnet.de
Thu Dec 21 02:43:58 CET 2017

Hi,

we are having strange issues with syncing directories containing clones
of git repositories. We were using unison before, and it suspiciously
showed the same issues…

What happends is hard to describe, but it looks like the git index gets
broken. The effect is that all nodes in the cluster end up with a broken
state, namely with a lot of untracked files in the repository.

Some details that might be of interest:

 * In the synced directory tree, there are several clones of the same
   git repository
 * Changes are made only on one node
 * csync is configured to prefer the younger copy of a file

Any ideas on that?

Cheers,
Nik