[Csync2] 2-node masters and root-owned files

Lars Ellenberg lars.ellenberg at linbit.com
Tue Aug 15 21:12:09 CEST 2017

On Mon, Aug 14, 2017 at 07:00:23AM +0400, Vadim Abdulayev wrote:
> Hello.

When replying to digests, please change the subject appropriately.
(Digest mode on a list that is so low volume as this one
is not useful anyways, really.)

> All command executed on node1.
>
> After resync i receive wrong owner on node1.
> On node2, i always have
> correct owner and permission.
>
> node2 is backup node. No one working there.

csync2 is push only.

according to you, you execute all commands on node1.
node1 then is the source.
node2 is the target.

Still, according to you,
the ownership on the source changes.

Which means either your report is inconsistent,
or we are talking about a different "csync2",
or "something else is going on".

csync2 itself will never change ownership
(or anything else) on the source.
It will apply changes on the target,
to try to make the target look like the source.

Hope that helps you drilling down further.

    Lars