[Csync2] csync2 - %% parameter does not work in 1.34

Timofei Sablin Timofei_Sablin at epam.com
Mon Jul 18 15:33:19 CEST 2016

* Resending in case this message didn't get through initially *

Dear all,

I am researching options of setting up a folder sync and it seems now that the "%%" option (Manuel 3.4.5 - Actions) doesn't work. In the actions section, I want to run a script that chown's the synced files to a specific user/group. Here's my config:

     group knime

{

        host host-slt0110;

        host host-sld0102;

        key /apps/knime/csync2/csync2-dev.key;

        include /apps/knime/server/workspace/workflows/Generic;

        exclude *~ .*;

        action

        {

        pattern /apps/knime/server/workspace/workflows/*;

        exec "/apps/knime/csync2/set_perms.sh %%";

        logfile "/apps/knime/csync2/csync2_knime_action.log";

        }

        auto younger;

}

Here is the triggered script:

#!/bin/bash

# Chown KNIME folders after csync run

# Source env file to see what machine we execute on

. /apps/knime/csync2/serverDetector.env

# Check incoming arguments

if [[ $# -lt 1 ]]; then

        echo "There are no paths passed to script"

        exit 1

fi

# Do the job

for i in $@; do

        chown -R $USER:$USER $i

        echo "File $i chowned"

done

As the sync is triggered, the script is executed, but it exits at the parameters check:

+ [[ 0 -lt 1 ]]

+ echo 'There are no paths passed to script'

There are no paths passed to script

+ exit 1

I've tried doing basic "echo file changed: %%", but that also doesn't work.

Why does that happen?

I am running csync2 version 1.34 (csync2-1.34-15.el6.src.rpm) on RHEL6 from the repository.

Appreciate any help.

Best regards,

Timofei Sablin

Systems Engineer