[Csync2] ipv6 problems

Lars Ellenberg lars.ellenberg at linbit.com
Thu Apr 21 10:25:17 CEST 2016

On Wed, Apr 20, 2016 at 08:49:43PM +1000, Aristedes Maniatis wrote:
> On 20/04/2016 8:29pm, Lars Ellenberg wrote:
> > man page is generated (mostly) via help2man,
> > so the --help message is the relevant source,
> > feel free to add a paragraph.
>
> Do you have an authoritative github repository for csync2?

TL;DR: No.

I could easily create one.  Not sure if I would notice pull
requests in a timely fashion, though.  For reasons :-/

You do realize that there is a git beyond github?
  :-)

git clone git://git.linbit.com/csync2
cd csync2
 # edit stuff
git commit -a
 # your commit message

 # until here, github workflow is the same.
 # with github, you now do "git push"
 # and "clickediclick pull request"
 # and "write some more text in some form"
 # and wait,
 # and hope that someone even sees that pull request.

# instead, you now do

git format-patch --stdout origin/master..HEAD | gzip > nice-name.txt.gz

 # and use your favorite mail user agent, attach nice-name.txt.gz,
 # and send to csync2 at lists.linbit.com (or me,
 # if it feels like it's not suitable for "spamming" too many people,
 # and you don't want any feedback from a greater audience anyways;
 # I'd prefer the list)

Or, of course, publish it (git push it) somewhere,
and simply send that url to the list.

(Or use git send-email, or ... many options).

I realize you knew all that,
but I thought I give google something to find
just in case someone else comes along
and wonders how to submit patches to csync2...

    Lars