[Csync2] ipv6 problems

Lars Ellenberg lars.ellenberg at linbit.com
Wed Apr 20 12:29:06 CEST 2016

On Wed, Apr 20, 2016 at 04:28:26PM +1000, Aristedes Maniatis wrote:
> On 19/04/2016 9:14pm, Lars Ellenberg wrote:
> > You can tell it to bind to "-N your.node.name".
> > If not specified, it will use the "any" address
> > (pass a NULL node to getaddrinfo)
>
> Passing -N on the command line works nicely to bind to a specific IP. Thanks.
>
> When you have a moment, please add that switch to the man page, I'm sure others would like to know about it.

man page is generated (mostly) via help2man,
so the --help message is the relevant source,
feel free to add a paragraph.

> > The relevant function is "csync_server_bind()" in csync2.c
>
> I'm not a C coder, but I'm confused about
> https://github.com/rvanlaar/csync2/blob/master/csync2.c#L276  I'm
> guessing that (on FreeBSD at least) it binds to an IPv6 socket and
> then exits the loop.

The intended (and, at least on linux, and according to various man
pages, elsewhere, also the actual) result is to bind to one socket that
accepts BOTH ipv4 and IPv6 adresses.

If your platform really does not have that (I don't know,
and I'm not going to check myself), please suggest a workaround.

    Lars