[Csync2] Csync2 via xinetd does not work

Dan Falconer danf at affinitygs.com
Tue Jan 27 00:01:58 CET 2015

Same results as before.  The "lsof" and "netstat" commands indicated
that the process was running & listening.  When I telnet to each server
using the appropriate port, it worked as expected.

It seems like running in xinetd mode causes the daemon to not know where
it's configuration file is.  Like it can't find the appropriate key, so
the SSL handshake fails.

The configuration file is below (scrubbed):

    # Csync2 Configuration File
    # ---------------------------------
    #
    # Please read the documentation:
    # /usr/share/doc/csync2-*/README.quickstart
    # /usr/share/doc/csync2-*/paper.pdf
    # csync2(1) man page
    group ftpsync

    {
             #
             # comments that say "(see x.y.z)" refer to chapter x,
    section y,
             #   subsection z in the documentation (paper.pdf).
             #

             host linux3.foo.local at nfs.linux3.foo.local;
             host linux4.foo.local at nfs.linux4.foo.local;
             host master.foo.local at nfs.master.foo.local;
             host samba.foo.local at nfs.samba.foo.local;

             key /etc/csync2/csync2.key;

             include %MNT%/ftp/;
             exclude _*.tgz;
             auto none;              # automatic conflict resolution
    (see 3.4.6)
             backup-directory %MNT%/csync2-backup;
             backup-generations 3;
    }
    prefix MNT
    {
             on linux3.foo.local:      /sync;
             on *:                           /data01;
    }

Dan Falconer
Affinity Global Solutions
812 Burlington Dr, Suite 300