[Csync2] Can csync2 delete files/folders on destination host that do not exist on source?

Ali Nebi anebi at iguanait.com
Fri Oct 26 16:10:25 CEST 2012

Hi,

I'm new to csync2 and i'm just started using it in our environment for
synchronization of files. I was using rsync for syncing, but wanted to test
csync2 and to learn how it works. I got it working just fine regarding sync
together with lsyncd, but I have a question regarding deleting
files/folders from destination host that do not on source.

Using rsync I can keep files/folders in sync including '--delete' option.
This way rsync delete from destination host everything that do not exist on
source host. Can csync2 do same?

I run following test:

on host1 i create:

/var/www/html/test1
/var/www/html/test2

They are successfully synced to host2. Now on host2 i create

/var/www/html/test3

And on host1 i run sync again, what i see is that 'test3' folder is not
deleted on host2.

They I decided on host1 to create one more folder:

/var/www/html/test4.

This new folder was synced to host2, but  'test3' folder is still not
removed. Is there a way to do this using csync2?

Thank you in advance.

Regards,
Ali

--
Iguana Information Technologies, SL
Calle López de Hoyos 35, 1º

Advertencia
-----------
Este mensaje contiene información privada y confidencial. Si usted
no es el destinatario, no está autorizado a leer, imprimir, retener,
copiar o difundir este mensaje o parte de él. En caso de que usted
reciba este mensaje por error debe borrarlo. Gracias.

Confidentiality notice
This message contains private and confidential information. If you
are not the named addressee, you are not authorized to read, print,
retain, copy or disseminate this message or any part of it. In case
you receive this message by mistake you should delete it. Thanks.