[Csync2] Errors when running csync2

Giampaolo Tomassoni Giampaolo at Tomassoni.biz
Wed Oct 6 02:16:03 CEST 2010

> I think I may have gotten things running with the ssl. I removed the
> parenthesis and ran csync2 -x and got no errors, it added all of my
> content to the database however did not sync that content.

Well, you are more probably running csync2 with the nossl option enabled, then...

> So in testing if I wanted to sync a directory to another server where
> that space is empty, theoretically it should copy all of that content
> over?

Right. You've to add the new server to the nossl option, first. But please note "nossl" means "don't use ssl".

Chris and me are trying to tell you you're probably not using ssl. So please take care if you need to synchronize things between hosts over internet...

Giampaolo

Thanks,

Chris Bidwell, RHCT
Web Admin