[Csync2] Errors when running csync2

Giampaolo Tomassoni Giampaolo at Tomassoni.biz
Tue Oct 5 19:21:39 CEST 2010

> I've confirmed that both the slave and master are compiled with SSL.
> --------------
> Thanks,

Chris, this an excerpt from csync2.c version 1.34:

#ifdef HAVE_LIBGNUTLS_OPENSSL
			conn_printf("OK (activating_ssl).\n");
			conn_activate_ssl(1);

			if ( !conn_gets(line, 4096) ) return 0;
			cmd = strtok(line, "\t \r\n");
			para = cmd ? strtok(0, "\t \r\n") : 0;
#else
			conn_printf("This csync2 server is built without SSL
support.\n");
			return 0;
#endif

It seems to me the only way you may get that message is if your peer is
running csyc2 with no ssl support.

Configuration doesn't matter to me.

Now, I would check that the csync2 you're running on glddb-server1 is the
ssl-enabled one. It may be that you have two copies of the csync2 executable
around that server (and old, non-ssl, one and a new, ssl-enabled, one) OR
that you didn't restart the csync2 service there.

Giampaolo