[Csync2] Can't stat file - csync2 stopped.

Lars Ellenberg lars.ellenberg at linbit.com
Fri Jan 9 09:22:49 CET 2009

On Thu, Jan 08, 2009 at 04:30:23PM +0000, Prashant Ramhit wrote:
> Hi All
>
> Well now ii have the following error
>
> csync2: ERROR: (rs_outfilebuf_drain) error draining buf to file: No
> space left on device
> Got an error from librsync, too bad!
>
> I had plenty of space on my server when this happenned
>
> Anyone had encountered a similar error??

csync2 uses a fixed temp file location (/tmp/)
if /tmp/ is too small, too bad.

the patch posted
 From: Art -kwaak- van Breemen
 Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2008 17:15:39 +0200
 To: csync2 at lists.linbit.com
 Subject: [Csync2] tempdir patch

may help.

I did not yet apply it to svn,
because I'd like to change it to handle temp files
in a similar way rsync handles them:
create beneath the target file, then just move them over, instead of the
current csync2 behaviour of first creating the tempfile, then truncating
the original, and overwriting it.

--
: Lars Ellenberg