[Csync2] Auto conflict resolution

Robert Heinzmann (ml) reg at elconas.de
Mon May 19 11:39:29 CEST 2008

Hello list,

I would appreshiate some feedback on the following question.

For test purpose I set up a two node csync replication system. It is a
strict "master/slave" system with node1 as master and node2 as slave.
The config file contains

  "host node1 (node2);"

to make sure everything is replicated in one direction only. Lets also
assume only directory synced is /srv.

In case node1 fails, node2 is activated with quite current data (I use
iwatch/inotify + hints DB doing frequent updates).

Image node1 comes back up. The csync cron job is still running, however
the data in /srv gone - the directory is empty. Also node1 still has the
config file with "host node1 (node2);"  in it (because turned on at
night by the provider). Would node1 remove all files on node2 during the
first run of csync on node1 ?

If so, how can I avoid this when having NO access to node1 ?

I thought of
a) disabeling csync service in /etc/xinetd.d
or
b) editing the config file on node2 to contain "host (node1) node2;"

Would this help ?

Regards,

--
Robert Heinzmann