[Csync2] Problem with prefix on csync2-1.33

Romain MOREL romain at planet-service.fr
Tue Mar 13 11:48:51 CET 2007

Hi,

As a first time user of csync2 I'm quite unsure if I did everything
right, but the following behaviour seems like a bug to me, forgive me
if I'm wrong.

So I would like to submit a little bug report (-f option) on conflict
management in csync2-1.33 where it seems that the prefix is not replaced
in this mode.

Actually I've 2 webservers syncing a data folder :
/opt/web/planet-service.fr/data, in my csync2.cfg I've set a prefix like
this :

prefix webdir
{
   on *:  /opt/web/planet-service
}

and included this path in my group config :

include %webdir%/data

The conflict management is in manual mode : auto none;

If I try to create on both hosts a file with the same name but with a
different content (conflicting use case) csync2 marks the file as dirty
and can't sync the file (normal behavior) but if I try to :

csync2 -f /opt/web/planet-service/conflicting_file

It seems that the backoffice execute an SQL statement like : UPDATE
dirty set force = 1  WHERE filename =
/opt/web/planet-service/conflicting_file, and doesn't mark the file in
force mode because of the SQL CLAUSE = compares :

/opt/web/planet-service/conflicting_file = %webdir%/conflicting_file
(different strings)

csync2 -M show that the conflicting file is still in a chary status.

The same test case without prefix works perfectly ...

I apologize for my poor frenchy english :), feel free to contact me if
you need more informations or debug.

Thanks
--
Romain MOREL