[Csync2] Re: not a squeak from csync2

Uroš Golja goljau at comcom.si
Fri Nov 25 10:23:56 CET 2005

Clifford Wolf wrote:

>no. it should be on both hosts:
>
>	host ox at ox.infohit.si llama at llama.infohit.si;
>
>the part before the '@' is the local host name (this is used by csync2 to
>recognice the local host in the config) and the part after the '@' is the
>dns name of the ip address which should be used for connecting to the host.
>
>In most setups this two strings are identical because usually cluster nodes
>can lookup the other nodes in the cluster directly with the host name
>(without the domain suffix).
>
>yours,
> - clifford

Thanks. I really started to wonder about this. Minutes before you posted
to the list I just replaced the DNS hostnames with local hostnames and
things started to work. These kind of things should really be mentioned
somewhere in the documentation. For the sake of clarity and to avoid
unnecessary traffic on the mailing list :-)

Best regards,
Uroš