[Csync2] small compatibility problems

Clifford Wolf clifford at clifford.at
Tue Dec 6 12:14:15 CET 2005

Hi,

On Mon, Dec 05, 2005 at 10:39:56PM +0100, Yann Sarazin wrote:
> I've installed csync2 under Fedora core 4 and I've got some small problems :
>
> 1/ When building RPMS :
> error: Installed (but unpackaged) file(s) found:
>   /usr/share/man/man1/csync2.1.gz

Fixed in subversion trunk.

> 2/ Under Fedora Core 4, sqlite 3 is installed by default but sqlite 2
> must be installed for csync2

so install sqlite2..

# yum install sqlite2-devel

I've just tried this in my FC4 test environment and don't see any problems
here.

> 3/ when compilling csync2, byacc is required. Maybe is it possible to
> use bison instead ? (I don't know if this suggestion is relevant)

This is definitely wrong. The GNU Autoconf configure script which comes
with csync2 tries to run 'bison -y' and then 'byacc' if the first command
does not work and then 'yacc' as save fallback. The environment variable
$YACC can be used to overwrite this autodetection. So 'bison' _is_ used per
default.

if you think that the GNU Autoconf AC_PROG_YACC macro is not behaving as it
should be.

yours,
 - clifford

--
 _  _       _      Nerds on Air - Radio for Geeks      _  __     ___
| \| |___  /_\   On 1st and 3rd Friday of the month   / |/ /__  / _ |

A: No.